Sweet Home Alabama
The Alabama Association of Health Information Management (AAHIM) is a state organization affiliated with the national organization American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). AHIMA’s more than 71,000 members are dedicated to the effective management of personal health information required to deliver quality healthcare to the public.
Call for Award Nominations:
Distinguished Member and Outstanding New Professional
Deadline April 1, 2015
Wallace State Community College is offering a CCS Exam prep course this semester.
10 CEUs for AHIMA credentialed professionals.
This course is designed for 2 specific groups:
- Coders with current inpatient coding experience who would like a focused method to assist them with their preparation for the CCS Exam.
- Coders with current outpatient coding experience (including same day surgery) who would like a focused method to begin preparation for the CCS Exam but recognize this course is the beginning to their study and preparation. Suggestions for continued preparation will be provided in this course.
Please note: This is NOT a ‘how to code inpatient records’ course and will not meet the ‘By Education’ requirement set by AHIMA listed below.
Only individuals who meet AHIMA qualifications for completion of the CCS Exam should register for this course. Review the current AHIMA guidelines for the CCS Exam (listed below), before registering for this online course.
Candidates must meet one of the following eligibility requirements to qualify for completion of the CCS exam:
- Qualifying Current Credential, including: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS-P
- Qualifying Education: Completion of a coding training program that includes anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced ICD diagnostic/procedural and CPT coding
- Qualifying Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience (inpatient acute care) directly applying codes
- Qualifying Current Credential with Experience: CCA plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying inpatient acute care codes
- Other Coding credential from other certifying organization (such as AAPC) plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying inpatient acute care codes
Register online at www.wallacestate.edu/Programs/ce, by calling 256.352.7826 or emailing email@example.com. Registration should be made at least three days prior to the first day of class. Continuing Education policies are found at www.wallacestate.edu/ce. Cost of the course is $280; participants are required to purchase a review guide.
Contact the instructor for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donna Conn, RHIA
AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Healthcare Information Program
Coming Soon! AAHIM Offering A&P Refreshers
Urinary – March
Respiratory – April
Skeletal – May
Digestive – June
Cardiovascular – July
AAHIM Supports the Blue Button Movement