AAHIM Call for Board Nominations
The Alabama Association of Health Information (AAHIM) Nominating Committee wants you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for the AAHIM Executive Board positions for the next fiscal year, July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024.
ALL NOMINEES MUST BE ACTIVE AAHIM MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING.
The AAHIM Board Procedure requires candidates to meet the following qualifications:
- Active member of AAHIM – Alabama must be the Component Association (CA) of record with AHIMA
- Demonstrate active participation in AAHIM
- Demonstrate experience in the regional, state or national association
- Provide a list of prior professional offices held
- Agree to attend the current year annual meeting
- Agree to attend Board meetings
Nominations will be open for the following seats:
- Three-year commitment – President-Elect, President, Past President
- Required to attend all quarterly board meetings
- Attends the AHIMA Leadership Conference in Chicago in July and serves as a delegate at the AHIMA National Convention House of Delegates.
- Nominees for President-elect must hold a valid AHIMA credential, preferably an RHIT or RHIA but not limited to that credential.
- Nominees must have served at the state level and attended Board meetings regularly for at least two (2) years within the most recent five (5) years, preferably as 1st & 2nd Year Director, but at least as a Regional President or Committee Chair.
- Two-year Commitment as 1st Year Director, progressing to 2nd Year Director.
- Directors are required to attend all quarterly board meetings.
- First-year Directors may serve as a chair of a standing committee (Program, Credentials, Nominating, etc.).
- Second Year Directors attend the AHIMA Leadership Conference in Chicago in July and/or serve as delegates to the AHIMA National Convention House of Delegates, as budgeted.
- Directors must have been active in AAHIM within the most recent five (5) years. Active participation in AAHIm includes, but is not limited to, the following: Elected service on the AAHIM Board of any of AAHIM’s regional associations
- Served as the Chairperson of an AAHIM committee
- Volunteered at the state level and/or as a Regional President and attended AAHIM Board meetings regularly. A person who has served a full 2-year term as 1st Year and then 2nd Year Director may not serve another consecutive 2-year term as an elected Director but must wait one year before being eligible to be placed on the ballot again for 1st Year Director.
- If there are multiple nominations for the position of Director who meet the qualifications, a cap will be set at six (6) nominees. A ranking system will be used to rank the nominees, based on their qualifications, and the top six (6) will be placed on the ballot.