Infirmary Health grew from the original Mobile Infirmary, founded in 1910, to become Alabama’s largest non-governmental not-for-profit healthcare team. With five hospitals located in southern Alabama on the Gulf Coast and more than 30 medical clinics conveniently located in Mobile and Baldwin County, each year we serve more than one million patients from 11 counties.
Infirmary Health’s flagship is Mobile Infirmary, with 669 licensed beds including J.L.Bedsole/Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital. It is among the leading hospitals in the state for surgical volume, houses the most comprehensive cardiovascular program with a hybrid OR/cath lab, the regions only long term acute care hospital and Alzheimer’s center. Mobile Infirmary also boasts a renowned cancer program, Infirmary Cancer Care with surgical, radiation, and medical oncology.
Assigns Emergency Department CPT codes through the charge process according to established regulatory guidelines, industry best practices, and Infirmary Health policies and procedures.
- High School Graduate
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding conventions (ICD10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS)
- Computer proficiency, ability to research coding questions and utilize educational resources required
- Independent, focused individual with ability to work remotely
- Associate degree
- Coding experience
- Infusion and Injection Charging experience
Credentialed as one of the following:
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Registered Health Info Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Info Administrator (RHIA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
There are many reasons why more than 5,100 employees choose to work for Infirmary Health. For some, it’s because Infirmary Health provides a supportive work environment. For others, it’s because of our competitive salary, benefits package and retirement programs.
Whether you are a new employee or have been with Infirmary Health for years, you play an important part in our present and future success of the system. Your contributions are rewarded, in part, by a total compensation package and includes competitive salaries, first day and a variety of other programs and services that provide for your professional and personal needs to help take care of your family and build your future.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please feel free to attach your resume to your application when you apply online at www.infirmaryhealth.org.