Infirmary Health is more than a hospital. It’s the state’s largest non-government healthcare team, devoted to patient care through three acute-care hospitals, three rehabilitation hospitals, three outpatient facilities and 22 medical clinics. Serving an 11-county area along the Gulf Coast and treating more than 800,000 patients annually, Infirmary Health offers the most advanced technology, comprehensive treatment and highest quality of care to remain the First Choice for healthcare in our region.
Employing more than 5,000 people and with some 700 physicians on staff, we are the largest private employer in Mobile and the largest nongovernmental healthcare system in Alabama. Infirmary Health is an equal opportunity employer and offers a variety of careers in the healthcare field.
This individual manages the coding staff at all System hospital locations in order to provide services which meet Infirmary Health’s standards of quality, efficiency and desired outcomes. Also oversees staff responsible for conducting review of all DRG reclassifications. Functions as a resource and facilitator for all areas of enterprise-wide coding operations including preparation for ICD-10. Assures compliance with CMS, AMA and AHIMA standards for ethical coding; Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations; state and federal guidelines; and department/organization policies and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology with RHIT credential OR Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management with RHIA credential AND Certified Coding Specialist/CCS
- Proficient in acute care inpatient coding and hospital outpatient coding
- Working knowledge of management principles
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology with RHIT OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management with RHIA
- Certified Coding Specialist/CCS
There are many reasons why more than 5,100 employees choose to work for Infirmary Health. For some, it’s because Infirmary Health provides a supportive work environment. For others, it’s because of our competitive salary, benefits package and retirement programs.
Whether you are a new employee or have been with Infirmary Health for years, you play an important part in our present and future success of the system. Your contributions are rewarded, in part, by a total compensation package and includes competitive salaries, and a variety of other programs and services that provide for your professional and personal needs to help take care of your family and build your future.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please feel free to attach your resume to your application when you apply on our website: www.infirmaryhealth.org.