Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services
Hill Crest Behavioral Health, a division of Universal Health Services, Inc., is seeking a qualified Director for their Health Information Management Department. Reporting to the CFO, this position will manage all aspects of the Health Information Management Department to include assembly/analysis, chart completion, inpatient coding, release of information and transcription.
Overview of Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge, effectiveness and efficiency in management skills.
- Directs HIM Department functions to comply with both hospital and regulatory agency standards.
- Reviews Departmental policies annually
- Plans storage/retrieval system for active/inactive medical records.
- Responsible for the safety and security of patients’ medical records.
- Follows hospital and regulatory agency security and confidentiality guidelines.
- Assures appropriate release of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Continuously assesses and improves quality of care and services provided.
- Determines the qualifications and competence of departmental personnel.
- Manages and reviews work of department personnel providing supervision to promote efficient accomplishment of daily responsibilities
- Makes recommendations for space and other resources needed by department.
- Assures proper release of information from patient records.
- Compiles monthly statistical reports.
- Provides orientation and continuing education for departmental personnel.
- Serves on Hospital Committees as appropriate.
- Serves as role model in response to departmental changes and new challenges.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of Health Information Management and of medical terminology and coding systems.
- Graduate of an approved HIM program and has successfully received Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credentials.
- Experience in HIM Administration to include a minimum of 3 years experience as a HIM Director required.
Individuals who are seriously interested and qualified can apply online @ www.hillcrestbhs.com.
Apply Online: http://www.hillcrestbhs.com