This position is a provider educator/coder role. It requires 75% local travel within Alabama (Florence, Athens, Muscle Sholes & Huntsville) educating/training providers on coding changes/practices. The ideal candidate would have strong coding knowledge and their active coding certification through AHIMA or AAPC, as well as strong experience educating providers.
The Provider Education Specialist is responsible for providing education and training to physician groups/offices on correct coding initiatives, reporting on findings resulting from chart audits, ensuring accurate data entry for CMS submission. This specialist will also extract and enter codes from plan tools (Enhanced Encounters, 360 exams and Health Management Reports), perform comprehensive chart reviews and enter into electronic systems for data capture. The specialist will be required to maintain required productivity and accuracy rate.
This specialist ensures policies and procedures are monitored and updated to include regulatory changes and conducts training/education of physicians and/or physician offices through one-on-one and mass communications/presentations. The Provider Education Specialist must be available for day and evening off-site and telephonic training/education.
- At least two years’ of hospital inpatient / outpatient or medical office coding experience is required.
- Prior experience training providers on chart documentation and coding guidelines is preferred.
- Prior audit/quality experience preferred.
- Prior experiences teaching/training others on correct coding guidelines and/or have the ability to present to large groups of Physicians/Providers or in one-to-one settings preferred.
- HS diploma is required
- Active coding certification through AHIMA or AAPC is required.
To apply, please visit our Cigna Careers website at http://www.cigna.com/careers and search using Job ID 18003720.