Complicated reimbursement processes, heavy regulatory mandates and increased compliance risk leaves a burden on providers who are finding it increasingly difficult to balance the business side and stay on top of ever changing rules and systems. Intellis’ healthcare business consultants believe in partnering with our client providers to facilitate them in accomplishing their top priority of providing the highest level of patient care. We support this mission by understanding our client partner’s unique healthcare environment and working to balance this priority with developing an efficient operational and reimbursement structure.
We have assembled a team of professionals who are dedicated, qualified and experienced. Our team members possess the outstanding character, passion and strong work ethic which solidifies our team members as our best resource. Our team management approach enables our team members to utilize their expertise and work with our client partners to provide an excellent client experience. We also believe in an excellent team experience which we support by providing our team with constant communication, education and opportunities for growth and development.
The Clinical Documentation Improvement consultant will provide timely reviews of patient medical records to ensure accurate and complete documentation to reflect the patient’s severity and complexity of illness. The clinical documentation consultant is expected to work with providers and coders to ensure that documentation on the chart reflects the complexity of the patient. The ability to educate and interact with providers is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review medical records as assigned for complete and accurate documentation of all relevant diagnoses and procedures
- Initiate and complete queries as necessary to reflect accurate data regarding the patient’s stay
- Adhere to guidelines as set forth by ACDIS and AHIMA
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA
- Demonstrate understanding of the business of healthcare: DRG payer issues, audit risks, documentation opportunities, quality metrics
- Work closely with the client, co-workers and management to meet the specific needs of each assignment in alignment with Intellis’ core values
- Effectively utilize computer software based on the specific client requirements
- Current RN license or graduate of medical school with 5+ years of acute care experience
- 2+ years of clinical documentation experience
- 3M 360 and Cerner experience
- Strong analytical skills to clinically evaluate the medical record
- Ability to use a PC for medical record review along with proficiency utilizing Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Intellis management and clients to ensure that we continue our mission of minding the business of healthcare
- CCDS or CDIP preferred
- Experience providing group education
- Experience with telecommuting
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email resumes to email@example.com
Apply Online: http://www.intellisinc.com/careers/open-positions/