Instructor, Health Information Management
Portland Community College
Portland Community College’s Health Information Management (HIM) Program is a regional leader in educating the next generation of HIM professionals. We are currently looking for a full-time faculty member who has current content knowledge, is committed to culturally responsive teaching, and who can balance academics with practical application.
While HIM courses are primarily online, candidates must be available for routine on-campus activities at the Cascade Campus including student meetings, industry partner meetings, and other college and program functions. This position is anticipated to have program leadership and instructional responsibilities.
For additional information please visit the Health Information Management website and review the program’s course offerings.
As part of this application, you will be required to respond to the application question below, and to upload your response as an attachment. You will also be required to upload a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- In what ways do your lived experiences prepare you for culturally-responsive teaching?
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/instructor-qualifications/him/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience training or teaching students, staff, or co-workers from diverse backgrounds and with variable skill levels while giving constructive feedback (written or verbal).
- Demonstrated experience with online learning as an instructor, trainer, or student.
- Experience adapting practices (in teaching, training or communicating) to include a wide range of cultural knowledge, experiences, and perspectives.
- Foundational understanding of medical coding
- Demonstrated experience using electronic health records systems or related systems and broad knowledge of productivity applications including MS Office and Google Applications
- Experience reading and interpreting health records, working with healthcare statistics and data analysis or quality improvement activities, along with the ability to communicate this with students
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience – master’s degree preferred
- Current credential as a Registered Health Information Technician or Registered Health Information Administrator
- Three (3) years’ work experience in the Health Information Management profession
Apply Online: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1541&site=9