Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future.
Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests.
With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries.
Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results.
More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
- The RN Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist will improve the overall quality, completeness and accuracy of clinical documentation.
- Will facilitate modification of clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers and medical records coding staff to ensure the appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients and the severity of illness is accurately coded with an MS-DRG based payer (Medicare, Medicaid and other payers).
- Will perform admission and continued stay reviews using Compliance Documentation Management Program guidelines.
- Will ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and medical center outcomes.
- This is an onsite position at a major hospital facility in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Completes a daily report of the number of cases reviewed and the number of cases queried for weekly evaluation of output.
- Consults with coders to ensure appropriate DRG and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Improves coding by continually educating physicians, clinicians and other parties involved regarding the importance of providing clear and complete documentation of care throughout the patient’s stay.
- Educates all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis and actively participates in CDMP task force meetings.
- Produces a monthly report of cases reviewed as well as ad hoc reports as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Nursing program approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing (ABN) and three (3) years of related experience. Work experience may not substitute for education requirement.
- Must be currently licensed or eligible to be licenses as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) code payor issues, documentation opportunities, clinical documentation requirement and referral policies/procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send Resume Susan.Goshen@navigant.com, call (714) 361-6846 or apply online.